This week on the podcast, we’re back from vacation just in time for Kevin and Paul to team up with the unstoppable Marcus Dowling to talk one of 2015’s most anticipated releases, Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment’s Surf. The unofficial follow up to Chance The Rapper’s 2013 mixtape Acid Rap, Surf smashes genres, destroys expectations, and elevates the hip hop game in ways that only Chance and his crew could do. Jazz, Hip Hop, Pop, Rock – Surf celebrates an entire history of music, while pulling it gleefully into the future with youthful abandon and surprising sophistication that belies this young crew's years.
PLUS! Record Store Day every week? A Netflix for Vinyl? The details of Spotify’s deal with Sony leaked? A new track off of Louis Weeks’ outstanding new record haha (OUT NOW!!)? We’re talking all of this and more on the podcast you’ve been waiting for all your life, it’s Episode 118 of ChunkyGlasses: The Podcast!
- Find out more about Marcus Dowling's latest venture with Patreon! [link]
- This was Sony Music's contract with Spotify - The details the major labels don’t want you to see [The Verge]
- VNYL Sliding: Why The “Netflix For Vinyl” Service Is Such A Mess [Stereogum]
- Record Store Day to expand with weekly event Vinyl Tuesday [Consequence Of Sound]
- Louis Weeks haha, one of the best albums of 2015, is available NOW. Buy. Enjoy. Win. [Bandcamp]
- Watch the video for "Sunday Candy" NOW to receive all of the vibes/feels.