In this week’s episode, we’re talking Apple Music, Prince, Foo Fighters and more! Apple Music launched this week to much fanfare…and then fairly immediate internet derision. Kevin has been testing it out and share’s his thoughts on its current state, and the verdict on if anything can really ever replace Rdio in his life. In other news, Washington City Paper fired a shot across the bow of crappy photo releases that concert photographers are often asked to sign by publishing the release for the Foo Fighters 4th of July blowout in DC. Is the outrage justified? Can we all just get along?
All of this PLUS Kevin and Paul pulling their best Statler and Waldorf on the new album from jazz bass master Thundercat, and a track from DC’s incredible The North Country taboot? Come on down for the basement, it’s time for your weekly dose of curmudgeonly love on Episode 123 of ChunkyGlasses: The Podcast!
- Apple Music Has 99 Problems. And They Are… [Digital Music News]
- Prince Removes Music From Most Subscription Streaming Services [New York Times]
- Why We’re Not Photographing the Foo Fighters [Washington CIty Paper]
- Don't know Washington, DC's The North Country yet? Get to know them on Episode #112 of ChunkyGlasses: The Podcast HERE -->[link]
- Then check out "Apocrypha (Bag of Lies)" yet another killer track from their latest album There Is Nothing To Fear, below!