Known to most of the world as a political playground, Washington, D.C. is a city where decisions that shape the course of, not just American, but HUMAN history, are made every day. More than that though, D.C. is a city where cultures collide resulting in a creative class that produces some of the most compelling and diverse art in the world. Built on the legacy of jazz and go-go, D.C. is on the cusp of a creative explosion and bringing everything from hip-hop to indie rock into the fold.
In part three of our Sounds of Washington, DC series, we're joined by Blight Records label-head Benjamin Schurr and Mystery Friends guitarist Dave Mohl for a synth-heavy hang with some serious discussion about the DC scene thrown in for good measure.
- Get to know the artists featured in this episode:
- Learn more about Blight Records: Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
- Learn more about Mystery Friends: Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
- Incidental music courtesy of Aquatic Gardener. Hear more/buy it HERE.
- Support us on Patreon! [link]
More resources for fans of #DCMusic
The original and still the best. All DC. All the time.
DC Music Rocks
Putting DC musicians on the radio
DC Music Download
Stay up to date on what the kidz are listening to. Split between coverage of national and local bands.
*Have another great resource for #DCMusic? Hit us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!