This week we're presenting to you songs of sport, victory, and defeat. Shit's about to get REAL in Rio when the 2016 Summer Olympics kick off tonight.
To all of the athletes around the world who are headed to Brazil to take place in this moment of global unity we offer, not just the gift of song, but these words of universal wisdom:
Try to be best
'cause you're only a man
and a man's gotta' learn to take it
try to believe
when the going gets rough (When the things get
that you gotta hang tough to make it (to be strong)
History repeats itself
try and you'll succeed
never doubt that you're the one
and you can have your dream
you're the best around
nothing is gonna ever keep you down
Things to do with yourself/others
The Go-Go's, Best Coast, and Kaya Stewart @ Warner Theatre
- In It Together Fest 2016: Hurry, Bells >/, Friendship Commanders, Left & Right, Oxenfree, Heart & Lung, the Effects, Joy Buttons, BRNDA, Bleary Eyed, Foster Carrots, Nox, Haunts @ St. Stephen & the Incarnation Episcopal Church
- William Bell & the Total Package Band @ Birchmere
- Wylder, Feral Conservatives, and Fellowcraft @ Sehkraft Brewing
- Jack on Fire, Drose, and Psychic Subcreatures @ Dance Loft on 14 [4618 14th St NW, WDC]
- Fishbone - the Hamilton
- Our pick of the week
- Diet Cig and Solids @ DC9
- Dr. Dog and Palehound @ 9:30 Club
- Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, and Tesla @ Jiffy Lube Live
- his much "roooooooooock" should probably be illegal. Your bad choice for the week that just might be awwwwwwwwesome.
- Savoir Adore, the Wild Wild, and Paperwhite @ DC9
- One of these bands may/may not be a Kindle.
- Zula, Leapling, and BRNDA @ Rock & Roll Hotel
*Got a show you want added to the list? Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org.