Creation doesn't happen in a vacuum, and in Astral Weeks: A Secret History of 1968, author (and Hallelujah The Hills frontman) Ryan Walsh explores every weird, fantastical nook and cranny of Boston that surrounded and seeped into Van Morrison's soul-bending masterpiece. We're sitting down with Walsh to discuss how he brought this story to life, the eternal value of having your mind blown, and a history of his hometown that has remained largely untold until now.
Tune in, drop out, and slip into the slipstream for a fascinating conversation about one of the all-time-great books about rock and roll and the forces that shape it.
- Read Ryan H. Walsh's original 2015 Boston Magazine article about Van Morrison's Astral Sojourn. [Boston Magazine]
- Free your mind and discover Ultimate Spinach [Wikipedia]
- Incidental music courtesy of Aquatic Gardener. Hear more/buy it HERE.
- Support us on Patreon! [LINK]
- Support/find out more about Washington, DC's Uptown Art House [LINK]